This fun and interactive group class will prepare you and your partner for a safe & healthy birth.
In your 6 week prenatal series you will:
- Practice hands-on comfort measures that you & your birth team can use for an easier, more comfortable labour
- Learn positions to encourage comfort and progress though each stage of labour
- Engage in discussions that address the emotional & physical response to labour,birth, postpartum & early parenting
- Learn how to incorporate breathing & relaxation techniques to decrease pain & anxiety
- Develop communication skills to improve the relationship expectant parents and health care team & practice Informed Decision Making
- Understand what medications are available to you for pain relief, how they are administered and their effects (Benefits/Trade-offs)
- Learn how to prepare for the postpartum experience & early parenting with a newborn (breastfeeding, newborn experience,)
Each class incorporates a variety of teaching methods that will keep you engaged and awake! This is definitely NOT your typical childbirth class. You will have fun while you learn about all of your options. As your Lamaze Childbirth Educator I present the latest in medical research so you can get the information YOU need to make the decisions that are right for YOU!
I suggest you start your series early in your third trimester so that you can finish your series 2-4 weeks before your due date.
Each 6 week series runs Wednesdays from 7:00pm-9:30pm in Whitby.
- Classes will be offered again Fall 2019